Hadlow Show Garden
I went along to see the Show Garden that my good friend Whitney designed for Hadlow College.
Outstanding design and followed the brief to perfection. A ‘Top Gold’ (read best in show) was awarded, and rightly so….
So why was it so good?
Well these are just my humble observations
1) Balance, the ratio between soft/hard/water and the building was perfect
2) No Full stops, meaning that the viewer tended to look at the whole picture rather than just hot spots of design. Thus leading them in to explore further and notice the detail.
3) Journeys, plenty of them each leading to a destination, very hard to do in a small space.
4) Space, or the use of in the sense that the seating tended to be in the furthest corner thus back to the wall and more impression of space.
5) Tones, of the planting flowed interspersed with neutral whites to lift the strong orange/burnt yellows out.
6) Humour and idea’s, well we are British and we love a quirky idea.
A few photo’s
As usual got a bit involved trying to do the art picture and forgot to take any overall pictures, hopefully Whit will put some up on her blog about the process of the site
Well done Whitney!